Tanglewood Refurbish Phase 1


After seeing the shape Tanglewood playground surface was in I was very excited to get this remolding started so they would have a nice, fresh, and appealing look as well as reassuring a safe surface.  First thing we needed to do was get rid of the entire old surface so we brought in the Bobcat.  Boom, boom, boom and things were really moving along smoothly.  The guys really got a good work out with this one because we removed a total of 30 tons of rubber which is 4500 sq. ft.!  Kept us busy and that’s just how we like it.

There was an existing swing that needed some repair and needed to be reset that we took care of.  It’s very important to us to make sure every single little detail is noticed and evaluated before moving forward not only for the benefit of the facility but most importantly, the safety of the kids.

Now after getting the swing to perfection, we began to prepare the asphalt’s surface to effectively receive the new rubber surface.  This is something that needs to be done accurately to avoid any unwanted maintenance at a sooner than expected date.  We definitely don’t want any sitting water hanging around so our next step was to prevent that problem from occurring.

We installed French drains around the outside asphalt base which is very popular and effective.  This is basically digging out around the base and filling it with gravel that is around a perforated corrugated pipe and covered with commonly used filter fabric.  This whole phase of our project took us two days to complete and I am very pleased to say everything went as planned.

Safety Starts w/ Stability!

Kurt Karriker
Creative Playscapes


2024 Copyright © Creative Playscapes Inc. All rights reserved. | Design by: CCD