Kids get bored so easy, it’s difficult to keep them entertained when the video games, cell phones and televisions are turned off. Here are a few things Jon’s family and my family do to have summer fun together.
- Dog Park – playing with Fido is always lots of fun for the dog and the family (especially the kids). Visit a local dog park with your canine friend and take his favorite toys along.
- Camp Fire – building a small fire in a fire pit is lots of fun for kids. Add some hot dogs, marshmallows and let the fun begin. Jon is great at telling stories around the camp.
- Gardening – a small garden cultivated and grown by your children will teach them a lot about nature AND they will be more inclined to eat the vegetable they grow. A flower garden is another great way to spend time with your kids. Large pots will suffice for those with limited space.
- Grill Out – kids love hot dogs from the grill (Jon and I prefer a steak) so light the grill and invite your kid’s friends over.
- Picnic – visiting a park with a lake, creek or stream that allows a picnic is fantastic fun for the kids. Simple sandwiches, a few sodas and chips and you have an afternoon your kids will be begging for again and again.
- Biking – all kids love their bicycle, make it a family outing! There are lots of family friendly biking paths in the Charlotte area.
- Baseball Game – the Charlotte Knights and Kannapolis Intimidators have wonderful facilities with lots of kid activities. If you child gets a foul ball, he will cherish it for life!
- Playgrounds – there are a plethora of public playgrounds to enjoy. Take a few hours with your family one afternoon and visit a park.
Safety Starts w/ Stability!